Shaikh Maba Diakhou and His Islamic Jihad Reform Movement in West Africa , 1850 - 1890, / Mahdi Rizg Allah Ahmad
This research aims to introduce the Moslem scholar, preacher, mujahid and reformist Maba Diakhou . It highlights the following points in this regard:
1. His name. family, tribe. early life and educational career.
2. The structure of the social. political and religious life of his community .
3. His leading role in the Islamization of his society before his jihad .
4. The factors which contributed to the emergance of an Islamic state under his leadership.
5. His jihad against the local African rulers and the French colonists in Senegambia .
6. The factors which played a role in his defeat and death, and the downfall of his short-lived Islamic state.